PLEASE NOTE – THIS DINNER IS NOW FULLY SUBSCRIBED!!!
Hyderabad Inn – venue for the recent curry celebration involving Consider The Sauce readers – is one of our favourite places to eat Indian in Footscray.
Our other favourite place is Vanakkam, also on Barkly St but on the other side of the Geelong Rd.
It has been known for us to order dishes other than biryani there – but I have difficulty recalling the last time we did so.
Yep, we sure do love the Vanakkam biryanis – mounds of spice-perfumed rice hiding chicken pieces or goat on the bone, hardboiled egg, topped with raw onion slices, and fried onion, too; biryani-specific spicy gravy; raita.
So that’s what Jagadish will be cooking for us on Tuesday, September 24 – along with a range of mixed appetisers for starters.
Here are the rules:
- No applications accepted from any of those who attended the Hyderabad Inn bash.
- First in, first served.
- There are 10 places only available.
- Fellow food bloggers welcome to apply but they will not be given preference.
- No more than two places to be claimed by any applicant, though “singles” will also be accepted.
- Please state preference for chicken, goat or vegetable biryani. Stating such preference will in no way restrict guests from eating any or all of the biryanis on offer.
- There will be no charge for our food but guests will be expected to pay for their own drinks.
To grab your place, send me an email telling me whether you want one or to places. The address is elsewhere on this site. Applying by commenting on this post will not work.
Consider The Sauce Indian Feast No.2:
Vanakkam, 359 Barkly St, Footscray. Phone: 9687 7224
Tuesday, September 24, from 7.30pm.
Biryanis – chicken, goat, vegetable.