This recipe is a simple, quick and cheap winner for summer – or for your typical heatwave!
And it’s another we’ve adapted from Michele Scicolone’s 1,000 Italian Recipes.
Vary the quantities to suit yourself.
We have it warm, with the tomatoes slightly cooked from interaction with the hot, moist pasta.
On this occasion, we used one punnet of tomatoes, a BIG handful of parsley, three fat anchovies, a single fat garlic clove and no capers.
Whatever you do, though, don’t be stingy with the olive oil!
The book lists salt, but we find the anchovies the care of that.
Extra virgin olive oil
Red chilli or dried red pepper
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Halve tomatoes and place in bowl.
2. Add to bowl finely chopped garlic and anchovies, oregano, chopped chilli and black pepper.
4. Add hefty doses of extra virgin olive oil.
5. Mix again.
6. Let stand at room temperature for at least an hour.
7. Cook pasta, then drain while reserving some of the cooking water.
8. Add pasta to tomato concoction, then mix all ingredients together.
9. Add some of the cooking water if pasta is too dry.
10. Let sit for another five minutes so flavours can blend.